|Prof. Leslie Findley, ME pioneer|
- Royal Free Disease - according to Black Medical Dictionary 38th Edition
- Yuppie Flu - the 1980s gave the "new" disease impetus in seeking recognition
- Social Change Flu - coined due to the psychological effects of huge economic and governmental change since the 1980s, moving away from the "yuppie" emphasis.
- ME, the institutional formalisation of the "new" disease - an effort was made to increase the "importance" of the disease with the medical term Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME)
- "Relaunch" of ME as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
The Telegraph finds space for the ME / CFS "specialism"
ME / CFS carefully supported rather than scrutinised by the BBC
Anne Diamond on BBC Radio Berkshire Interviews ME / CFS Big Names
Havering gets National ME Centre - Why us ?
Is expenditure on ME / CFS justified in a NHS crisis ?